Life ALIVE – Feb 21st 2015
joy and spiritual elevation…
with Dror Sinai;
A world percussionist, educator, performer, rhythm therapist,
sound healer an energy facilitator.
Saturday, Feb 21th @ 7:30pm
At Jerusalem Grill & Bar in Campbell
1740 S. Winchester Blvd Campbell, 95008 Tel: 1-408-866-2666
See map below
Reservations – By Wednesday, February 18th Order online or call 408-530-8243
Tickets: $15 per person ($18 with Credit Card/PayPal)
After selecting the “Add to Cart” button, in the next window you will be able to pay with PayPal or Credit Card.
To pay with credit card select the”Check Out” button and then “Pay With a Debit or Credit Card”
“Intro to Doumbek/Darbuka”; a workshop for multi levels beginning to advance. (8:30-10:00)
- For anyone interested in hand drums, music, dance, awareness, fun, and inspiration.
- Focus on Middle Eastern and North African styles.
- Explore basic healthy positions of holding the doumbek and learn basic tones.
- Learn basic traditional rhythms while playing musical games, learning to embody the rhythms. Beginners and advance persons have much to learn and lots of joy.
- Listen to ourselves and others and have “rhythmical conversations” as we play together in harmony and learn while having fun!
We’ll end the night with a concert- “Desert Roots”, Dror will share with us singing and playing a variety of songs from the Middle East and North Africa including Israel, Yemen, Egypt, Ladino, Tunisia, and Morocco, playing a variety of drums – frame drums, riq, and darbuka, and singing these haunting songs. We’ll all have a chance to join in with joyful songs, drums, and dancing…